Friday, 21 March 2008

and I sit by the stove
and try to catch time red-handed
the delicate ripple of curtains
the phosphorescence of walls
books dancing
on the wooden shelf
the abstract leaf on the rug
the Mexican flower
I enclose
in a single breath

Halina Poswiatowska


  1. I love this photo.

    Here's one of my favourites:

    (sorry, I know that appears self-centred but I don't know how to send the photo on its own).

    hope all is well.

    Best wishes,


  2. oh it is the same series as the one you have as userpic, I tried to look at it in a bigger size but couldn't. who is the photographer? and how glad I am you took the risk to appear self-centred :-) otherwise I would have missed the most beautiful post that you have there, I've already read it three times and I can't get enough of it. You write so beautifully, sometimes it is overwhelming - no, it's not the right word, I don't know, there is so much gentleness also, can gentleness be overwhelming? a gentleness so intense that "things come ever closer, crowding my chest, hurting me", as a Romanian poet would say.